After Effects Expressions can be pretty daunting. But even if you’re not comfortable with scripting or coding, you may still want to take a look at expressions. They are like little scripts that trigger changes to layer properties, and they can save you time, make your work more flexible, and open up new creative possibilities.
- What are expressions?
- Creating and applying expressions
- Linking expressions to layers with the pick whip
- Simplifying expressions with variables
- Creating looping animations
- Randomizing values
- Converting expressions to keyframes
- Creating keyframes from audio with expressions
- Controlling 2D effects in 3D space
- Converting color from RGB to HLS
- Formatting strings and text